1940s Large Hamper
For those whose sweet years were the 1940s, this one is for you.
As a guide we estimate “sweet years” between the ages of 7 and 14, the days when you had to earn your pocket money, walk or cycle everywhere and when your biggest decision was what shall I buy with my pennies this week?
We interviewed 720 people to find out the top sweets in each era, so if yours isn’t here blame them!
This beautiful wicker hamper made from willow comes with a 1940s tag.
The contents come wrapped in our signature lime green tissue and tied with a piece of hessian.
- 100g bag of Sweet Tobacco
- 1500g bag of White Mice
- 150g bag of Humbugs
- 150g bag of Rhubarb and Custard
- 150g bag of Mixed Toffees
- 150g bag Dolly Mixtures
- 50g packet of Black Treacle
- 150g bag ofPontefract Cakes
- 150g bag Coconut Mushrooms
- 4 x packets of Parma Violets
- 3 x Lollies
- 1 x Catherine Wheel
- 4 x Black Jacks
- 1 x Sugar Mouse
The hamper measures approximately: 38cm x 25cm x 15.4cm